Real Butterfly Wing Earrings and Necklaces
…how do they get the wings????
Why Yes, we do sell a VERY unique product for butterfly lovers. REAL Butterfly Wing Earrings and Pendant Necklaces.
Introducing Wingstitution – purveyors of fine, sustainably-sourced, butterfly-wing jewelery!
One of the Beautiful Pairs of Earrings
About Wingstitution Earrings:
- One-of-a-Kind: as each butterfly is unique, so are every pair of earrings and each pendant made by Wingstitution
- Cruelty-Free, Sustainable: Farm-Raised Butterfly Wings are purchased from small family farms in Peru. These farm-raised butterflies are sold all over the world and are an important step in the fight to preserve butterflies in the wild and prevent the destruction of rainforest by “butterfly hunters” seeking rare species.
- Made in USA:
- From there they are shipped to Wingstitution in California where they are cleaned and encased in a crystal clear resin using a proprietary process
- The Mother-Daughter Team at Wingstitution then handmake each pair of earrings!
- Wingstitution uses only WHOLE wings for each earring
- Moisture-Proof! The proprietary process used at Wingstitution renders the earrings complete waterproof, so you can wear them without having to worry. Other brands cannot offer this type of protection because they (most typically) use two thin pieces of glass with metal shaped around it – this is not water or moisture proof!
- Earrings are on a French earring wire, sterling silver. And, they make them so that they can be reversed on the wire and worn both ways (Instructions included)
- Each package includes a card with instructions on how to reverse the earring, as well as this short story: Your unique piece of jewelry is made in California from real butterflies, raised on farms in Peru dedicated to conservation. They lived their full 20-day life cycle before being sent to collectors like us. Each butterfly’s extraordinary beauty is preserved in crystal clear resin, which is lightweight and durable, so that you can enjoy wearing your piece every day.
I can hear you saying “How do they get those beautiful wings”. Small Tweezers? Toddlers small hands?? Some sort of suction?
Come by the retail shop for one of the most unique gifts we have ever carried in the store. In fact – each pair are completely unique as every butterfly is… well… unique!
How Long do they Live you ask?
How long they live depends on many things and varies greatly. It depends on the size and species of the butterfly, where it lives, and what time of year it became an adult. For example, if it is of the smaller version it will probably not live as long, but if it is larger, it will live longer. Now of course the size of the butterfly is not going to be the only factor of how long it will live, but does attribute to it.
Across all butterfly species, the lifespan is usually about one month.
The smallest butterflies that you can usually spot feasting on the flowers in your front yard will usually only live about one week. However, Mourning Cloaks, some tropical Heliconians, and Monarchs are some of the only butterflies that have an average life span of about nine months.
Most of our butterflies are farm raised by farms dedicated to conservation. These farms supply pupae to live butterfly exhibits in museums and zoos around the world. A few great ones to visit include
And we are very proud to work with Petal Connection due to their sustainable practices and charity work.
Petal Connection has chosen Kiva as their charity of choice to give back. With Kiva, a non-profit organization, Petal Connection extends loans to women in third world countries trying to start their own businesses. It’s a powerful and sustainable way to empower someone right now to lift themselves out of poverty.